Monday, February 19, 2007

2nd day of CNY

Usually this day's reserved for movie watching, but its not the case this year. I woke up at 8.30am, in preparation for our Sentosa trip. Hitched a ride to Boon Keng MRT Station. When we reached Vivo, we were so surprised to see the long queue of Bangladesh. No discrimination here, but the hundreds of pple whom we saw were all Bangladesh. I thot there would be more Chinese. We were conned into walking in, instead of taking any transport. But fortunately, the weather was simply so windy and fine, we had no comments. $3 per pax.


We reached the island at 12.20pm and we took the Blue Line bus to Imbiah Lookout. Just as we alighted from the bus, its tarted to rain. Heavily for abt 45min. 2 umbrellas, 2 pairs of new shoes, 3 of us. We didnt want to risk getting drenched or getting our heels soaked with water, so we seeked shelter at the bus stop. We started our journey towards the flowers when the downpour turned into a drizzle. Rain or no rain, didnt stop me from taking lots and lots of photos. One thing I noticed was that the Bangladesh loved to take pictures with me. They didnt mind having me in their pictures thou I minded-cos they simply refused to let me have my picture taken. Alone. Without extras. Haha. Saw Weijie amongst the flowers. Singapore shouldnt be that small right?

We went up the escalator to our fave "hideout" near the SkyTower and had lunch. I so happened to recall sth called Luge Ride in Sentosa, so we went to have a Singapore version experience. $8 per pax. It was fun, but as compared to NZ's one, it seems to be a much shorter distance. It took me less than 5min to complete the whole route of 650m. But it was still exciting. The skyride was fantastically high. I found it much higher than the NZ's one, but Mum disagreed. Nvm, not impt.

Following that was bus rides (to Siloso beach), tram rides (from Siloso beach), Sentosa Express Rides and lastly MRT Train ride. Back in Vivo, we were all shocked to see the super duper long queue of locals waiting for the monorail service. We felt so relieved thatwe walked in in the aftn, instead of waited for the service. I believe the waiting time would cost us at least 1hr. No joke abt that.

The funnest part of the day was the Luge Ride. It brings back lots of wonderful NZ memories. And the many photos taken. It was a happy day!